Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Nancy Goes' Amazing Bead Work

Nancy Goes is still enjoying her winter in Florida - she sent the following:

When I'm on Sanibel I get totally immersed in the beach/sea life culture, especially shelling, shell-crafting and mermaids. For the past 6 years I have entered the world renown Sanibel Shell Show. In its 73rd year it is the longest running show of its kind anywhere. There are 2 divisions, scientific (shell collections) and artistic (shell creations).

I won blue ribbons in the 2 categories I entered - jewelry (must contain shells)

"Mermaid's Wedding Necklace"

and needle work (must have a sealife theme but not necessarily contain shells).


"Silvery Moonmaid"

Both pieces were subsequently sold. If you would like to see a few more pictures from the show one of the jurors has a great blog http://iloveshelling.com/blog/

Nice work, Nancy! Thanks for sending the info and pictures.

Anyone else have some new work or awards to share? Send images to me at palander@rkymtnhi.com and I'd be happy to post them on the blog.

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment