Sunday, August 30, 2009

Quick Draw

Had a great time in Estes Park yesterday - what a great place for painting en plain air. The river is beautiful as it meanders through town. I forgot my camera, but luckily my friend Ann brought hers - she took all these pictures.

I loved this guys palette:
There were only a few watercolors, all the rest were oils.

There were several models who posed for the 1-1/2 hours of painting. Here's a picture of two paintings of them:

Here are a few more pics of the artwork just before being auctioned off:


Jeff Legg fascinated me. There was a display of fruit and vegetables on a pedestal for painting a still life. He was looking at it as he painted, but nothing he painted was in the still life - it was all from his memory. I think it was the best piece in the show:
It was a fun day watching them paint. Thanks for the pictures, Annie!


No comments:

Post a Comment