Thursday, April 2, 2009

Interesting Thoughts on Creativity

I came across this link to a speech on creativity given by Elizabeth Gilbert, author of "Eat, Pray, Love". I think you'll find it worth listening to - her ideas have been on my mind for days. What she has to say isn't unique to writers; it applies to any creative person.

You may want to check out some of the other talks on Ted.com - amazing speeches on a variety of interesting topics. I can't watch youTube videos without constant buffering, but these vids come through with no interruption.

I'd like to hear your comments on her speech - I love her story about Ruth Stone's poems. To say nothing of Elizabeth's interesting thoughts about the creative process and how artists and society deal with it.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! I will pass this on to friends AND replay it for my own benefit when I need a reminder that I am not my work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great! And I think it applies to everyone--because creativity applies to every field and area of life! Thanks for sharing the link.
    I thought the speech was great, and particularly loved the idea that even great "geniuses" have the same fears we all do--will my work be valued?

    ReplyDelete