Thursday, March 25, 2010

Brock McCormick's Show

"Feathers"

Local artist, Brock McCormick has a beautiful show at the Fraser Valley Library, 421 Norgren Road, Fraser. He's having a reception this Saturday, the 27th from 1-3pm.

"Dust"

From his artist statement, "As an ecologist, I view landscapes as processes, driven by natural forces. As an artist, they are shapes, forms and textures. As a person, I view landscapes as experiences. All of these perspectives are incorporated into my works, which explore my relationship with landscape.

My artwork relies on nature as a true collaborator. Found objects are innately embedded with meaning. For example, metal is a symbol of industry, while rust demonstrates the resilience of nature, the passage of time, and the beauty of change. Rusted metal is a point where man and nature meet. My ink works are inspired by Zen brushwork and calligraphy. Negative space plays an important role in these works as forms are simplified, distilled and expressed as only a few practiced brushstrokes."

It's a great show - I hope you can make it this Saturday. You can see more of his work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment